Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Creative Writing Class: Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit has limited imagination.


And there I was. After another dreadful night, I woke up and stood on the top of the apartment building to clear my thoughts. The swift movements of the cool wind flew into my nostrils and grazed my hair and shoulders. I often wished I was apart of the wind; going in every direction; never staying; never befriending anyone. This was the first time I said that to the wind. And just like that, it invited me. I became a feather dancing in the wind over a field, the houses became the grass. I could make out nameless faces and spot their problems. There was a man stealing an elderly woman's purse - she looked very poor. I rummaged through my brain for ideas of how I could help make this world better by having this power. Then I saw the person who captured all my disgust for this world. The reason why I hate my life. I completely stopped caring about the elderly woman. All I wanted to do was pull down my pants in midair and take a giant shit on the world because it shit on me so much. Maybe I could be the Hob Goblin; destroy the world, harm the people. Spiderman isn't real. There's nothing for me to fear. No one will help these wastes of space. But today is the first day of my life. I'll just enjoy it for now. I've never felt this amazing. There were diamonds greeting me in the sky, when I rubbed my eyes in disbelief and found myself with soiled pants, lying on the bottom of a staircase. It was then decided, I would no longer do LSD.

No comments:

Post a Comment